FACTS About Laser Hair Removal
- Dark hair is the easiest hair to remove using laser hair removal. The lasers are able to target darker hair more easily that light, thin hair. Having lighter skin will also help increase the effectiveness of laser hair removal treatments.
- Results of laser hair removal treatments are typically seen after 6-8 sessions. One laser hair removal session will not permanently remove unwanted hair.
- Laser hair removal can be performed by a doctor, or an esthetician. Although regulations and laws vary from State to State, in most cases either professional is able to perform this
- Most people describe the procedure as feeling as though a rubber band is being snapped against their skin. All people react to the treatment differently and most laser hair removal providers will be able to apply a topical numbing cream if the procedure is causing you too much pain.
- You skin is more susceptible to sunburns after leaving a leaser hair removal treatment session. Make sure to always wear sunscreen and protect sensitive areas from the sunlight.
- You will not see results until years after treatment.Treatment results should only take about 4-5 treatments. Some smaller results can be seen after only 2-3 sessions.
- People with dark skin cannot have laser hair removal performed on them. This is untrue. Advances in laser technology have made it possible for most people to be good candidates for laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal is extremely expensive. Because of increased demand and gains in technology, the price of laser hair removal has dropped dramatically in the past 4 years. The cost of repetitive waxing over your life time will end up costing you far more than getting 6-8 laser hair removal sessions in a short amount of time.